8.01.2012

Crazy for Crackers

July's Daring Bakers' Challenge theme was...you guessed it...crackers.  And while I'm posting this quite late, I did actually have it finished in time.  But in the midst of weddings, showers, moving to my in laws and getting my computer set up, things got put on the back burner.

Our July 2012 Host was Dana McFarland and she challenged us to make homemade crackers.  Dana showed us some techniques for making crackers and encouraged us to use our creativity to make each cracker our own by using ingredients we love.

Since it was my first time making crackers, I stuff to the recipes she included.  Maybe I'll get more creative the next time around.


Above are the Cheddar, Rosemary and Walnut Icebox Crackers.  These were delicious!  Buttery, light and packed with amazing cheddar flavor.  The whole family loved these.


The second ones I made were Health Crackers, packed with oatmeal and wheat germ.  I thought these were delicious as well and tasted great with tuna salad!  I love how rustic and imperfect they are too.

I can't say that I'm going to add homemade crackers to my list of things to do on a regular basis, but its fun to know how and I'll definitely keep the idea stowed away for when I need something fun to do with the kids (or need to impress someone).  {giggle}

My apologies for the picture quality.  It was very late and I only had the overhead kitchen lights to work with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment