11.18.2012

Remembering Grandma

Maybe its because Thanksgiving is just around the corner...and I can still remember the smell of her house...

Or maybe the realization that its been over 2 years since I've felt her hands on my face...

But I simply cannot get my Grandma out of my head this weekend. 


The new lotion I bought smelled just like her bathroom...

When I turned the fan on in the kitchen so my kids (asleep in the living room) wouldn't hear me moving around in the morning...it made me feel like I was back in her house...

And all I want to do is be able to call her to tell her that Annika is going to be great at spelling and grammar...just like her...and that Henry would have loved Papa Bob's wood shop...because he always is wanting to build something.  

So to keep myself from going crazy missing her...and stayed in my kitchen and cooked and baked...  

The kids and I made ranch oyster crackers...marshmallow popcorn balls...started on the waffle cone cornucopias for Annika's Thanksgiving party at school..baked Chocolate Chip Brownie Chunk Cookies {I kicked the kids out for some mommy time on that one}...made Whole Wheat, White Chocolate, Cranberry Oat cookies...


And these cute little acorn snacks...




Turned out to be a pretty good weekend overall.

And...I just about have my pie recipes finalized for the weekend.  You can see them pinned on my Sweet and Treats bored on Pinterest.  

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment