7.23.2012

Missing Menu

I know...its only week 2 of my menus...
But my fridge needs to be emptied this week.
We're moving in with my in-laws for a few months while our house gets worked on.  And I do not want to come home to a stinky fridge or messing around with loading everything up to haul to their house.

So the menu this week looks something like this:
Monday - subs
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday - ravioli (we didn't get to that last week)
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - pickles/olives/condiments
Saturday - milk and eggs
Sunday - yogurt and jello

I'll try to do better than that...only for my kids though.  If it were just my husband and I...that's totally what we'd be eating.

So since I don't have a real menu to share...I'll share the recipe for the chocolate zucchini bread I made last night.  It was a last ditch effort to use up the zucchini that was dying a slow death in my fridge and it turned out delicious.

Super moist, semi-healthy (yes, I consider something with whole-what to be healthy-er), a full of delicious dark chocolate.

The original recipe comes from my kitchen addiction.  I didn't get pictures, but you can click here to check out   her pictures (they're gorgeous).

Health-ier Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
2 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
1/2 c. dark cocoa powder
2 tsp. instant coffee
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. buttermilk
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars and olive oil.  Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.  Stir in the zucchini.  Add the dry ingredients, stirring until they are just incorporated and evenly moistened.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs (this will help keep it moist).  Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.  Dust with powdered sugar before serving.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment